May. A month FILLED with wonderous things, people, places and events. Where do I even begin? I think it's rather boring to start at the beginning. This'll probably be more stream of conscious, with other random tidbits and things thrown in. Maybe. I actually don't know where this is going, and neither do you. But, I guess that's the beauty of it.
I got new boots. John Fluevogs. I got the black angel derby swirls. They are AMAZING! And feel like clouds on my feet. These are them: http://www.fluevog.com/code/images/colour/0000000030/composite.jpg
I <3 my Vogs!
I always knew I had pretty awesome friends. Far more interesting than me. Sometimes I wonder what draws them to me, because I tend to think of myself as a pretty boring person sometimes. I wear neutral colors like black and khaki. And brown. And sometimes dark blue or army green. I am also fairly quiet. I don't really talk much. So why do these people like me? (If you know me, and feel like sharing, please enlighten me, for I believe I am a rather dull individual.) One of my very best friends, Heather, tells me that I say funny things all the time. That sometimes the things I say are so random and perfect. I guess I believe her. I do say some odd things. I wish I knew where said things came from. And what causes me to think of them.
This month (well actually if you want to be PC, then last month, as it is june 2nd already) proved far beyond a reasonable doubt that I have the most awesome friends a human being could ever ask for.
College friends, high school friends, musician friends, other friends. Each and every one of them awesome in their own way.
In May I got to reunite with my college friends. I went "out west" to NA, MA to visit some of them and celebrate Nikita's graduation from MCLA. That was great fun. I missed them all so much, and the people that weren't able to make it or have since moved to faraway places, I miss them too. A lot. I have two friends who recently moved to the DC area, Val and Ben. I would like to visit them sometime. Hopefully sooner, rather than later.
Work is hectic. All the summer people are starting to pour in by the bucketload. Or should I say car load? I wouldn't know, but it kind of seems like an Ellis Island sort of deal, millions of people trying to get in. In this case, to the tri-town. Or more appropriately, the cape. But then again, I wasn't around during the time of Ellis Island. All I know is that with the summer folk comes over crowded beach, over crowded town center and the most inconvenient of all, the water restriction, when people can only water their lawns and gardens between 4 and 6 pm (or is it 6 and 8 pm?) three days a week, depending upon what side of the street you live on. And never on Sunday. If you're caught, there is a hefty fine. If you get caught too many times, you can get arrested, I'm pretty sure. While work is hectic, I've managed to make new friends there. They're fun to talk to and when I get a chance to work with them, it's only an hour or two at the most at a time. Even though we joke, laugh and chatter away, we still manage to get everything done, and our guests leave satisfied.
I got to hang out with my other good friend Eric, and heather the other night. It was really nice. I missed hanging out with both of them. We blacklight mini golfed. It was a lot of fun.
I re-connected with some classmates I graduated with in high school. We went to dinner and did some light shopping. I got Craig Ferguson's book: American on Purpose. It's rather good, so far. I cant wait to finish it. It was nice to go out with friends I hadn't talked to in five years. Im not letting that happen again...five years without staying in touch.
In the month of May I also got to hang out with some musician friends of mine. I went to New Jersey with Heather to the Steampunk World's Faire. I stayed with Heather, holly, m@, nate and dilley in hotel rooms acquired at rather awesome rates via heather's employee discount. Holly, M@, nate and dilley are in an awesome band called HUMANWINE. You should check them out if you don't know of them. You should also check out the Band called What Time is It, Mr. Fox?. Nate, the drummer for HUMANWINE also drums with Mr. Fox. Mr. Fox's lead singer/guitarist/pianist, Brian King, is an amazing human being with a voice like none other. Emperor Norton's Stationary Marching Band (a stationary marching band based in Boston), and Walter Sickert and the Army of Broken Toys (also based in boston) were also there. You should also check them out too. Also got to hang out with Mr. Brian Viglione. He was there playing with Black Tape for a Blue Girl. Check them out too. They are also made of awesome. To hear more about that weekend and to see some pictures, go visit her blog (as I am far too lazy to put some in my own blog). It's pretty awesome. Heather is Awesome. (sorry i copied some of the quotes of the weekend from your blog heather. i know i am lazy haha).
Some of my favorite quotes from that weekend include:
-"I'll plug gertrude in. Where's her vag?" - HB talking about my gps
-"the birds are like 'get the fuck up, it's morning' " - holly
-*as a guy in a steampunk costume walks into the bathroom* "i'm gonna go mug that guy" [said as he's holding a plastic gun] *returns holding a plastic coin* - nate
-*sung*"boots with no socks! stinky decisions...boots with no socks!" - holly
-holly: "nate, you still have heather's skirt."
nate: "i left my plants at the venue" [meaning "pants"]
-*during a band's set that consisted of a female singer, strange interpretive dancers, and a bass player who looked like he was just standing there holding the thing and not actually playing at all* *fake drunk voice* "that's it...i'm quitting HUMANWINE...i'm quitting mr. fox...and i'm joining this band. tour starts tonight." - nate
-*about holly* "she's in rhode island. you know what happens with her. she starts talking to someone, then they start walking and talking, then they end up in rhode island. that's where she is right now." - m@
-"hey guys, you might know me, i was pretty big on youtube in the '10s" - m@
Went to Salem with heather for her birthday. We saw What Time is It, Mr. Fox? along with this made of awesome canadian singer/songwriter named clara engel. Check her out too. We went to Salem Beer Works. We went to Sonic in Peabody. We had fun.
May 2010 was made of Awesome.
Now that i've been all nostalgic and crap, it's time for me to sign off and think about getting ready for work and go to bed. As I must be at work at 5am tomorrow.
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
the marvelous month of may
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
may = most awesome month of the year so far for these reasons. and i do not mind you using the quotes at all. i don't own them :-p
Post a Comment