This was originally going to be a blog about some things I have noticed about fashion. However, my brain got sidetracked thinking about what I was going to say and a bunch of thoughts related to sports flooded my brain instead. I promise, a fashion blog will be forthcoming.
Now.
i know. i know.
I KNOW!
I don't really like sports. There, I said it. But really, if you think about it, it's common knowledge. I don't like sports.
Except for a few. Cycling, Swimming, Diving. And select other olympic events.
I also like hiking. But that's not a sport in the olympics.
-------
Before I talk about the Olympics....
The Tour de France.
this year i didn't watch any part of the tour de france. if you know me, this might shock you because as you know (or don't know...) i'm a die-hard cycling fan. i love everything about professional cycling. i love following it. and despite all the doping scandals, i still love it.
if i found myself bored on the internet and wandered over to letour.com, it was only occasionally to check the standings of my favorite rider. george hincapie. former right hand man to cycling legend lance armstrong. seven time winner of the tour de france seven consecutive years. i love george. he's a great all around-er. he didn't win, but i didn't think he would. i mean i hoped he would, but i knew he wouldn't deep down inside me.
the reason i didn't watch any of it this year was because to tell you the truth, the tour de france made me sad. something that i usually follow with a firey undying passion, i didn't really follow at all. my favorite team of all time broke up last year after the tour. the riders of discovery channel got dispursed or retired. george got signed with team columbia. i don't know where levi leipheimer went. i wish i did. johann bruyneel retired.
hyeahhhh.
i just looked up the results. congratulations to carlos sastre of team csc-saxo bank.
my main man george came in at 35th place, just one hour, eight minutes, and fifteen seconds behind sastre's time of 87 hours, 52 mintues, and 52 seconds.
just because i didn't watch the tour doesn't mean i don't like cycling anymore. that's not true.
i still have the same undying love for cycling that i did many many years ago.
cycling and i, we are married.
-------
Now for the olympics.....
I really don't have that much to say. I did, but most of it has escaped me at the moment.
How bloody nice.
I'm watching the olympics as much as i can. it's kinda nice how even though many nations of the world have problems with the other nations, they can still be nice for a short period of time and play fair to determine the ultimate champion.
i want to go to the olympic games someday. don't think i'll ever be able to afford it.
tonight michael phelps is going for his first medal. i wish him luck.
i wish all the athletes of the world competing in the 2008 beijing olympics the very best luck.
and now for a public service announcement....
watch the olympics mother fuckers. channels 7 and 10 (NBC)
NBCOlympics.com
go. watch. love. applaud the olympians.
but don't forget all those who have made the olympics possible too.
love. peace. &.
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Cycling, Tour de France & the Olympics...among other things......
Labels:
cycling,
michael phelps,
NBC,
olympics,
sports,
Tour de France
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment