i've been sick for a week and a half. I've been getting worse and better. Today my doctor called in a perscription for an antibiotic to the pharmacy. I've been losing my voice for 3 days now. Its starting to sorta sound better.
However, I have a show I need to sing a solo in on Friday as well as the opening number. It's gonna be interesting.
Hopefully, my piece won't have to get cut. I'm trying to nurse my voice back to health. I'm drinking shit tons of tea with honey and sucking on many cough drops.
Hopefully by not singing tonight and not singing last night, and also not talking at all today except when in class, and the same for tomorrow, I'll be able to sing tomorrow night or at least friday and saturday for the shows.
we'll have to see how this goes.
Right now I'm at rehearsal. I'm here because I'd be lonely otherwise. My entire house is in harlequin. also i wanted to hear the pianist play the music for the opening number, which everyone's in.
life as a mute or partial mute is interesting. I feel like the character in jonathan safran foer's extremely loud & incredibly close. I have written yes and no on my hands and carry my otherwise useless reporter's notebook around with me to write replies down.
I feel like the exact polar opposite of ludwig van beethoven.
on another note, i went to see amanda palmer at the paradise rock club on monday november 24th. it was fucking awesome. as soon as i have the time, there will be pictures. I promise.
when i get home tonight i have to revise a paper i wrote on south korea's roh tae-woo and add tons of shit i forgot to add. then i have to start working on shit due monday and tuesday of next week. it's going to be hell.
at some point i have to put together the master tape for the nbs show on friday.
and i have to do my shit for broadcast journalism....i better have my voice back by the time the final project goes up because i'm directing.
If i don't get my voice back soon, i'll be a resident of planet fucked.
mute love
&

No comments:
Post a Comment