To wrap up 2008:
good and bad happened. my grandmother passed away. that was the worst. fallings out with friends happened. friendships were salvaged. shit went down. shit was fixed.
2008 was pretty ok.
I think the greatest moments for me in 2008 happened in the music world. I will explain via youtube clips. I'll try to keep it down to one clip, maybe two. sometimes there will be more. Watch them all, you wont regret.
1. Amanda Palmer with the Boston POPS: June 19, 2008
2. Pearl Jam & Ted Leo and the Pharmasists: June 30, 2008
3. HUMANWINE & Miss Tess: August 21, 2008 (The following clip is not from this night or venue, as nothing from this night was found on youtube)
4. The World/Inferno Friendship Society: November 8, 2008
5. Amanda Palmer and The Danger Ensemble: November 24, 2008
I'd have to say 2008 was awesome. I got to meet many awesome musicians including Amanda Palmer, Brian Viglione and Holly Brewer. I saw some awesome bands and musicians play. I got to see one of my music heros play in Symphony Hall in Boston, Massachusetts backed by the entire Boston POPS Orchestra. It was phenominal.
Random Department:
As many of you know Prop. 8 Passed in CA. It's really messed up. Seriously. Here's a video (compliments of Youtube) of Amanda, Margaret Cho & someone from the Danger Ensemble doing a lip sync to Katy Perry's I kissed a girl. It's brilliant.
Also, I stumbled upon a band called Vermillion Lies. They opened for Amanda when she played at the paradise. They're awesome, here's a clip of them doing an awesome song. The Organ Donor's March.
In 2009 I hope to have more wonderful experiences. I hope for good health and success. I hope to see Amanda again, as well as Brian, and HUMANWINE. I hope to spend even more time with my awesome friends. And I want to live life for me.
peace, health & love.
Happy New Year!
&

No comments:
Post a Comment