As crazy as it's been, it's also been a lot of fun.
College was a very different place than high school. I'm sitting here now, in my livingroom with two of my housemates for the last time. It's both sad and happy. My walls are bare (mostly). My stuff is packed ever so lovingly in the family van. I only have clothes for tomorrow and a towel and some extra things I'll need tonight and tomorrow morning before commencement.
i have learned a lot at this school. Both in and out of the classroom. I think the greatest lessons learned in college are those learned outside of the classroom. For instance, I learned to laugh. That was important or i would have snapped years ago. I also have learned to not sweat the small stuff. This also drastically cuts down on stress. Another lesson I learned is to not leave everything for the last minute because then your brain will want to explode. There are many other lessons i've learned in college but they're not coming to my fingertips at the moment.
i have had both good and terrible professors at this school. mostly good, though. i think if i had to go back and do it all over again, i'd not flip back and forth in my mind about major changes and just declare a new major. if i did that i would be walking out of here with a BA in English/communications concentrating in broadcast media AND journalism with a minor in history.
however, on the flip side, if i never grew the balls to change my major in the first place, i'd be walking out of here with a BA in History and a BS in Education. Although I didn't get to do everything I wanted to do here at MCLA, i'm quite happy walking away with a BA in English/communications concentrating in broadcast media and a minor in history. I've dabbleed here and there and i worked for the beacon for a semester. I got photos published. I'm quite content.
Side note: never try to dig a club out of a huge black pit by yourself. it just doesn't work, kiddies. trust me. i know from experience.
although at times college may not seem fun, it is a safety net that throws you out in the real world for experiences to prepare you for what will come when that safety net is taken away.
My safety net will disappear the minute i graduate tomorrow. It's a scary thought. some of my friends have grad school in their future, some are just going to work. I don't know what I want to do, so I'll have to work until I figure it out.
At this school, I've made many friends, some of whom i'd have never even met if it weren't for spencer. Which is why I gave him some ivy at the baccalaureate ceremony today. it's neat that the school still carries on the ivy tradition even if they don't plant any at the base of murdock hall anymore.
well, mcla, this is goodbye. for now. i'll be back for various events and to visit people. and to check out how nbs is doing. hopefully better than in the condition it is now. i tried though. And that's all you can really do. is try your fucking hardest and fight like hell and hope it gets you somewhere.
it's been a wild, fun, educational ride. And i'm glad I chose to take it here at MCLA.
Congratulations to the MCLA Class of 2009. May you do great and wonderful things in the future. I wish you all the best.

No comments:
Post a Comment