New Year. New Title. Same old blog.
my old title: "I'm not going to live my life on one side of an &" was really long and probably obnoxious. Don't worry. I still love ampersands and the song ampersand by amanda palmer.
The reason for the new title: it's rather catchy, and it's also derived from a song by amanda palmer. this one comes from the dresden dolls album no, virginia. from the song: the mouse and the model. Also, I often ramble on and on about things. When people are rational, they need not ramble to find words. Yet, I do this. Thus, this is what I must imagine the flip side of reason being. Also, this is my blog, and I can name it what I want. :-P
It's a good song. You should give it a listen.
The Mouse and the Model
Music and Lyrics by Amanda Palmer
Keyboard/Vocals: Amanda Palmer
Drums/Percussion: Mr. Brian Viglione
Nothing is certain at this time of day.
You could reverberate, you could decay.
The mouse and the model are laughing at us.
We'l risk it, we're desperate for someone to trust.
Let's start a new heart, the new charts are in.
We'll take them, we'll break them, we'll make them give in.
By counting your blessings, you wind up in debt.
It starts with your family and ends in your bed.
You Jekyll and Hyded when you could have let your guard down, your dress up, you must be upset.
Let's start a new heart, the new charts are in.
We'll take them, we'll break them, we'll make them give in.
It's dark over here on the flip side of reason.
The teaser could be something easy like, "They did it in a book."
You're a crook, you're a fake, you're committed.
If you did it, say you did it, if you didn't, suck it up and say you did.
Let's start a new heart, the new charts are in.
We'll tax them, relax them, and mate them for fun.
The vote by a landslide for Jekyll and Hyde, Mackenzie Macavity, Bonnie and Clyde.
------------
Listen to it here: while you read the lyrics. This was the only video I could find (and others like it) as there is no "official video" on the dresden dolls channel. ENJOY!
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment