As some of you may or may not know, I have been calling Kathryn Janeway (Captain in Star Trek: Voyager and Vice Admiral in the movie Star Trek Nemesis) the Sarah Palin of Starfleet since she ran with John McCain as his running mate.
(Note, this is about the fictional character, Kathryn Janeway. This has nothing to do with Kate Mulgrew, who plays Janeway. I don't really have a problem with Kate Mulgrew.)
First, I must state that Kathryn Janeway is the first, and to date, only female lead character in a Star Trek series. Which in itself is awesome. (But I still don't like Janeway and I also don't like Star Trek: Voyager, but we won't get into that right now...maybe another blog for another time.) Being the first female captain in the Star Trek: Voyager, makes her a Maverick. Which is a word used to describe Sarah Palin. Sure, she probably went to star fleet academy and did extremely well (or they probably wouldn't have made her a captain) but even so, being a noob, makes her all that less experienced. My point is proven in her first "mission" where she and her crew destroy a device that has the ability to bring them back to Federation Space, thus stranding them decades upon decades worth of travel from federation space. I say, WAY TO GO JANEWAY! You are awesome! (please note the sarcasm there, folks). She eventually (SEVEN YEARS LATER) figures out how to return to federation space, but really?! SEVEN YEARS LATER! Why Starfleet ever promoted her to vice admiral, I'll never know (this was not in voyager, but in the movie star trek nemisis). In my humble opinion, anyone who gets herself AND her crew lost for SEVEN FREAKING YEARS does not deserve to get promoted. She did some good things too, but really, that one takes the cake. Also, the creators of the show probably realized she's a NOOB and thats why they killed her off? (one can only guess and hope). Now, to relate this to Sarah Palin. Sarah Palin is also a NOOB when it comes to government. Sure, she's the ex-governor or alaska. ALASKA, people. It's not that huge. Well, land wise, it is the biggest state, but the least densely populated one, too. Meaning, IT'S NOT THAT HUGE! You can't expect to be amazing at being the Vice POTUS right away after being the governor of a small state. Sure, she improved alaska, but really, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. In my opinion, being the Vice POUTS and being the mayor of a state are two VERY different things. I would really like to know WHY john mccain thought she'd be amazing.
Second, they (Sarah Palin and Kathryn Janeway) are both women. And while Janeway's hair is much shorter (probably due to star fleet regulations), they both have similar poofy hair styles. POOFY, FTW! They also both wear red lipstick. Although their wardrobes are vastly different (Janeway's being a starfleet uniform, and Palin's being various suits and such), they are both sexed us as much as is appropriate. Palin is portrayed as a hot mom who wants to rule the world. I mean. be the Vice POTUS, and now, probably trying to be the POTUS in 2012. Janeway is portrayed as a hot starfleet officer, who knows her stuff. (Which clearly she doesn't if she managed to get stranded for SEVEN YEARS!) They kinda look alike. not gonna lie. A little bit. Don't ya think?


They both can see Russia from their homes. (HAHAHA! you have to admit, pretty clever, eh?!) Palin can see russia from alaska, for sure. Also, Janeway can see it from her ship. When she's near her home planet earth, that is....when she's not stranded DECADES AWAY in space from her own stupid moves.
While sarah palin has kids, I don't think Janeway does. If Palin was elected Vice POTUS, and she actually did her job well, people would say she was a craptacular mom. And vice versa if she were doing her mom job...she'd be a craptacular Vice POTUS. Lord knows what the hell would happen if Janeway had kids....she'd probably do worse as captain of the USS Voyager (if you can do worse than getting yourself and crew lost for seven years), but be a good mom.
They both sound like chipmunks. See the following picture of Janeway and please do laugh...I made it last year or so:

Yeah. I know. You don't have to tell me. I'm awesome.
And that folks, is why Kathryn Janeway is the Sarah Palin of Starfleet.
&

2 comments:
HAHAHAHHAHA LOVED this. :-p
Hahahaha, glad you liked this. It was fun to write! :-P
Post a Comment