Since I like tv less than books, but the same or possibly a little less than music I'll talk about that first.
If you're not aware, I'm an intern this summer at orctv. I get no pay, and I must do all kinds of things short of fetching my boss coffee.
In all seriousness, it's a great experience, and my boss is extremely awesome. She doesn't yell at me, I can take a whole week off to go visit family in north carolina and she doesn't really care, and she said i could do anything i wanted to if i run it by her.
Today I finished editing Harbor Days and the triathalon.
I have so much fun there, but some of the things I do are boring such as cataloging the old video archives and working on the business database. But among the fun things I have done are test the new studio, make video bulletins and put them up on tv, and edit. I have edited tons. I love editing. I am learning Final Cut Pro and it's making me happy. I'm also learning motion. It's awesome. And it will help me learn Avid easier next semester.
BUT
as much as i love doing the tv thang, it kind of upsets me that my mother doesn't really seem intersted in the things i do.
tonight i tried to show her the screw up dvd of harbordays and the triathalon. after i burned the disc, I realized I forgot to fix a few things so i just kept the dvd to include in my portfolio.
I'm pretty proud of it. its my first edited piece on final cut pro that i did
ALL. BY. MYSELF.
But she said: "you better let your father look at it first because I don't know how to do it."
Me: "But mom, it's just a dvd. you just stick it in the dvd player and press play"
Mom: "Yeah, but i don't know. have your father look at it first."
thanks. a lot.
-------
spin.com (Spin magazine online). Amanda has posted runs in the family. and there is a mini interview. it's awesome. Runs in the family is awesome. WKAP is going to own.
I don't really care for whoever leaked WKAP, but whoever did better go fucking buy like ten cd's of WKAP to make up for it. Although that won't really make up for it.
I can't wait until the release of WKAP, the WKAP music book, the photo/art book with text by neil gaiman, and the whokilledamandapalmer.com website.
I am also pre-ordering the shit out of the virginia companion. in a little while, once i get back from north carolina and i put my checks in the bank.
Also on the music front, I've come into possession of some killer news-sounding music tracks. I'm totally going to use them in broadcast journalism in the fall. it will be sick.
-------
On the other hand, books make me happy. Just a little happier than the world of editing and television production.
I recently finished "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close" by Jonathan Safran Foer.
jsf=love.
I really enjoyed this book. It was so good. However, i got heavy boots because it ended.
I'm currently reading a book by bill bryson. it's called "The Mother Tongue: English and how it got that way"
bill bryson=love.
I have only gotten two chapters into it but its also good.
it's an account of how english came to be, with a twist of humor.
Here is an excerpt from the first page of chapter 1:
"To be fair, English is full of booby traps for the unwary foreigner. Any language where the unassuming word fly signifies an annoying insect, a means of travel, and a critical part of a gentleman's apparel is clearly asking to be mangled."
I suggest you go read this. After this is done, i'm going to read bill bryson's "a short history of nearly everything." followed by "bryson's dictionary of troublesome words"
followed by
yup, you guessed it......
other books by BILL BRYSON!
i also want to read water for elephants. i've heard its amazing.
i also must get Babar's Yoga for Elephants. i want to do yoga again.
ok i must away to go clean/pack more for north carolina.
go read bill and jsf right now.
love.peace.&.
Monday, July 28, 2008
books, tv ampersand music
Labels:
ap,
Bill Bryson,
books,
Final Cut Pro,
Jonathan Safran Foer,
ORCTV,
packing,
television,
WKAP,
yoga
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
"I really enjoyed this book. It was so good. However, i got heavy boots because it ended."
I love this^
yes, you MUST read Water for Elephants...although some parts may give you heavy boots. I totally forgot about "heavy boots". I'm so glad you just read that book and reminded me of the phrase...also, "which i know about".
and also, Babar's Yoga for Elephants is the greatest.
Post a Comment