I once again should be doing something else, but I find myself emptying the thoughts accumulating in my brain.
I am in the process of revamping my entire music collection. I'm getting rid of stuff I don't listen to anymore, I'm organizing my iTunes better, and I'm finally getting albums that I've wanted to get for a long time.
Recently, besides the Dresden Dolls and Amanda Palmer, I've been listening to Neutral Milk Hotel a lot.
I love their album "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea"
You should go fucking by it. It's seriously one of the best albums of all time. The art work is gorgeous, yet simple. I have it in CD form as well as vinyl. What can I say, I'm becoming a vinyl whore.
And mom, the boston herald says vinyl is back, so its motherfucking back!
My friend Vivian first introduced me to Neutral Milk Hotel, as well as The Smashing Pumpkins.
I'm starting to listen to The Smashing Pumpkins more now.
Both bands kind of went to the back of my brain, but recently I finally found the money to buy the previously mentioned neutral milk hotel "in the aeroplane over the sea" on both CD and vinyl. I also today just bought "mellon collie and the infinite sadness" by the smashing pumpkins.
Both albums are amazing and I highly recommend them both!
-------
I have been creating lists of things I still need to get to add to my music collection, books i have to read, and dresden dolls/amp things i still need to get, among many other things.
I find that when i cross off one artist off my music list, I add another one. This is how i will go broke haha. I crossed off tori amos, and added the john butler trio.
I want the virginia companion to be out! For those of you who don't know, the virginia companion is the companion book by amanda palmer for the dresden dolls records "Yes, Virginia" and "No, Virginia."
They are also releasing vinyl soon, and being the vinyl/dresden dolls whore that i am, i am psyched.
AMP's solo record, who killed amanda palmer, comes out september 16th and i also can't wait for that. with that, she's also releasing a book with photos and art with text by neil gaiman , a music book, and a new wkap website.
SO. EXCITED!
-------
I guess I've been in a weird mood lately.
So much fun things are going to happen for the rest of this summer.
-heather and i will go back to boston to visit eric
-we will all go to jamaica plain
-we will go to newbury street
-i will buy more vinyl
-i will have my first ever burrito at the best place ever: el pelon
-there will be much galavanting & good times had by all
So much fun things are going to happen this fall.
-i will get wkap and the music book and the art book
-i will be starting my last fall semester of college
-i will be the president of nbs (ok, this isn't really that fun, but it's still pretty awesome)
-ok, not many fun things will happen really
So much fun things are going to happen this forthcoming winter.
-i will turn 21
-i will make a fort beer (inspired by amp) with heather and whoever else
-much pizza and beer will be consumed in said fort beer
-i want to go see amp on tour when she comes back to boston. i don't fucking care what i have to skip to go see her. she's amazing.
-hanging out with multiple friends having a good time
So much fun things will happen when Heather and I are both 21.
-we will go to cardoza's wine, spirits & food emporium
-we will go to sam adams beer tasing events to test beer they are thinking of making
-we will go on a cruise to the carribbean area
-and we will do many crazy things
-------
I want to move to boston upon graduating from college. I want to get a job in the television industry and go to school to get a masters of library science. I want to see the world, go to europe, and california. I want to have so much fun.
-------
I want to get a keyboard. and a macbook pro, and final cut pro. I want to hook said keyboard up to macbook pro and open up garage band and make good recordings of stuff i play/original compositions.
I want to get a kurzweil keyboard. They're awesome. I want one with 88 keys.
There is so much more for me to say, but it's not coming to me at the moment.
music=love
friends=love
the smashing pumpkins=love
neutral milk hotel=love
amp=love
love.peace.&.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
"Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage."
Labels:
ap,
Apple,
Boston,
college,
Dresden Dolls,
Final Cut Pro,
friends,
Kurzweil,
MacBook Pro,
music,
Neil Gaiman,
Neutral Milk Hotel,
The Smashing Pumpkins,
vinyl,
WKAP
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i am so thrilled for fort beer and our plans for great adventures. and i'm so happy that both my favorite bands of all time are mentioned in this post!
Post a Comment