Monday, October 6, 2008

I think i've found my life calling

and no, it's not journalism. 

Get ready for this............it's good....


I figured out i wanted to be a photog at the fall foliage parade.

A photog is a camera person for an on location reporter at a news station.


Val and I went to the fall foliage parade because we had to cover it for our broadcast journalsim class. Since she was better dressed than me she was the "reporter"

(i felt like shit so i dressed in my BDU pants and a tshirt with my fleece vest.)

Anyway, we walked downtown because it would be suicide to drive. I loaded my purse and coat in the cam bag and carried that while carrying the cam in my hand and val carried the tripod.

We got downtown and val did an opening standup. Then we went around trying to get interviews with people for soundbites. We found that people in their 30's and older didnt want to talk to us eventhough this would never see the light of television.

We got some interviews. Val interviewed and I operated the cam. I didn't use the tripod until we taped the actual parade so I was doing all of this on my shoulder. Shoulderwork with the cam can be difficult if you have a shaky hand. I'm pretty steady unless i am fliming something on my shoulder for over five minutes without a break. 


Deval Patrick marched in the parade along with the state rep from berkshire county and some other important people.


I can't believe I found my life calling at a stupid foliage parade. in the middle of nowhere western mass.


No comments: