Right now, I'm watching the third and last of the presidential debates. Or rather hanging out with my housemates in the living room while the debate is playing in the background.
but we're taping it for our presidential politics and the media class.
Bob Schieffer from CBS is moderating.
not sure if moderating is a word, but it is now.
hyeahhhh.
-------
Earlier I looked up the Green-Rainbow party because I was curious. I got my absentee ballot yesterday and noticed the green-rainbow party is on the ballot. They think that drug problems should not be criminal offenses. They believe they should be classified as health problems.
I disagree.
Here is my rationale:
I acknowledge that drug problems can turn into health problems, but they are definately criminal offenses.
People who think that people who shoot heroin, snort crack, or knock down some E, etc, should not be sent to prision are just dumb. The end.
these are hard-X-core drugs and if you have them, you need to go to prison.
the end.
there was something else i was going to say about this subject but now i don't remember.
-------
Today in my writing and reporting the news class my professor handed me an application for The Beacon, which is the student-run newspaper at my school. I'm flattered, but I don't have much time. So I may ask to freelance or copyedit or something so I can still be involved but not have to be a regular staff writer.
on another note, today in class we also were surfing the web for online newspapers and we saw a video on the boston globe website and it basically had some lady in it saying that sarah palin is an airhead. hahaha.
ps. "I can see russia from my house!"
loooove tina fey.
-------
My broadcast journalism project went well, despite that lack of kid who did nothing not showing up.
This kid did absolutely NOTHING. Ok, he operated camera for the volleyball segment and he shot footage of The Hub, which is a new restaurant, but he didn't edit it like he was supposed to.
He slacked off so much. AND he didn't come to class yesterday when we did our project. I was the tech director/cg operator.
This is how yesterday went:
7:00 am-alarm goes off, i hit snooze
7:09 am-alarm goes off, my roommate stirs in bed, i shut if off and drag my overtired carcass out of bed
8:00 am-rushing around trying to get out the door...me and my housemate were supposed to go to AVID for 8 but she fell and was bruised/bleeding, so while she was cleaning up her wounds, I put shoes on and got my crap.
8:20ish am-we are finally in AVID working out kinks. We discovered that this kid who was supposed to do some editing over the weekend didn't. We made the executive decision to CUT his segments. (you snooze, you loose. the show must go on)
around 8:45 or 9:00ish am - another teammate shows up. we finalize everything and put it on a master tape. fix scripts, time sheets, etc.
11:00 am - my housemate and i eat lunch and go over the time sheet and stuff. things look good.
12:30 pm - stupid kid doesnt show up to class. BUT, we managed to pull it off anyway, and i must say....we did a damn good job. HORRAY!
we got an A AND my professor loved my videography for the fall foliage parade segment :)
-------
Monday was columbus day. I went with Heather to cambridge. We went to harvard square and went to the newbury comics in the garage. They had "No, Virginia" by the Dresden Dolls......
on......
VINYL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Totally bought it. It was only supposed to be released on vinyl in europe. But they had it at the harvard square newbury comics. Heather got one at the newbury street newbury comics the week before.
I am so excited!!!
Also, I got my WKAP CD in the mail....and it's rad! :) I am in love with it.
(there would have been a few pictures of the above mentioned things except I am too lazy to take photographs right now....but i really wanted to write a new blog)
we saw a fancy smoke shop too. It was awesome. It is called Leavitt and Peirce. It's home to chess players, Harvard alum cigar smokers and Amanda Palmer's "fancy cigarettes."
we also went to Cafe Pamplona on Bow Street. It is soooo good. I had an awesome cup of coffee (cream no sugar) and a turkey, sun dried tomato, spinach, and balsamic dressing panini. It was amazing. Heather had a tomato, mozzarella, pesto panini and mango-coconut soda. She said it was amazing.
Here are some pictures from the day:




This photo is of a building across the street. It's on Bow Street, and it has a Bow and Arrow weathervane....and the intersecting street is Arrow Street. Also there is plant life consuming the roof. It needed to be photogrpahed:

This potograph needed to be taken as well. OHAI. It was on the women's bathroom wall in the garage at harvard square:

-------
Well, it's back to watching the end of the debates, and then reading some more lucille clifton poetry. She's awesome. You should check her out.
love.
&

5 comments:
Here's a link for you.
http://www.ironicsans.com/owmyeyes/
Yes, "moderating" is a word.
You stole my list of daily events.
Copycat.
I can see how drugs would be health problems though...
I'm more against the Green-Rainbow Party's stance because it encourages self-victimization: "Oh poor me, I didn't make a stupid choice to do drugs; I have a disease."
Have a nice day.
Thanks for the note about the Green-Rainbow Party and our position on decriminalizing drugs.
I will point out that alcohol and tobacco kill more people than illegal drugs do. Indeed marijuana has some noted health benefits. For example, it has allowed people who are suffering from cancer to deal with their nausea and keep food down.
Additionally, Hemp that has THC in it, has a number of useful properties as a fiber, but we cannot grow it here because of our drug policies.
Rethinking our positions on illegal drug use to come up with a better solution to addiction will benefit our country and our world.
Good luck!
hahhaa The Hub is also the name of the restaurant thing that everyone hangs out at in That 70's Show! I've gotta come visit you and we have to go there hahahha
I agree with this Jamie person about the drug thing, regarding marijuana issues, and I think that imprisonment for hard drug-related offenses should only happen when the drugs cause the person to do something harmful to society, rather than only harmful to them self (such as harming/killing an innocent person as a result of being fucked in the brain from the drugs).
Post a Comment